Accidents on other person’s property happen quite often. They are quite common and often lead to devastating injuries. However, when someone else’s negligence or carelessness caused the accident, you should consider your legal rights.
Slip and fall accidents are considered personal injuries, and you may get compensation for your injuries. Whether you are filing a personal injury lawsuit or want to settle with an insurance company, you will have to prove that someone else’s negligence caused the fall.
At times, many individuals don’t pay attention to slip and fall. However, in situations where the other person was negligent, you should consider fighting for your legal rights. Get in touch with a Slip And Fall Accident Lawyer Philadelphia to commence the application process. Slip and fall accidents may also occur in parking places and garages.
Be it any place, you should have proof that it was unsafe, and the owner is responsible for your injuries. It is crucial that you were not involved, or the accident didn’t happen because of your actions. If something was avoidable, then you might not get compensation in this case.
However, if it wasn’t your fault, you will be liable to receive compensation for your injuries, pain, and suffering. Here are the steps that you should take after a slip and fall accident:
1. Seek medical treatment – Always prioritize your health over anything. Get it treated from a licensed medical professional. The medical records will act as evidence and will make your case stronger. It will help you in getting compensation for your injuries. No matter how minor the accident was, you should always get it treated and seek medical treatment for your injuries.
2. Report the accident – Reporting the accident validates your claim and will be a verification that the accident actually happened. You should immediately report the accident to the landlord, store manager, homeowner. Or you can report it to the person with the highest rank in charge of the property where the accident happened. Consider reporting the accident right away after it happened. Do not delay the process.
3. Limit your communication – It is advised to limit communication. Don’t get into an argument with any witnesses, homeowners, employees, or anyone else involved. There are chances that you say anything wrong or use the wrong word in the communication. The other party may take this chance and blame you for your injuries. Therefore, keep your conversation to the minimum and avoid talking about how the accident happens and how you feel. Decline to give any statement. Do not blame anyone, or don’t take the blame for anything.
4. Document everything – It’s better to document everything after the incident so that you don’t forget anything important or miss out on important details. Take pictures of that location where you fell. You may jot down every detail. Write down the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the witnesses.
5. Speak to Slip And Fall Lawyer Pennsylvania – Having a lawyer will provide you legal assistance and will help you throughout the case. Slip and fall may get difficult to prove. However, attorneys will help you determine how you can get your claim. Speak to an experienced slip and fall lawyer and get compensation for your injuries.