The importance of web development cannot be overestimated: today a website is essential in the business world. The freelancers keep up, too: a housewife in your neighborhood who is a gardening specialist can also launch a website of her own to share her ideas with other enthusiasts and sell plants.
But what about web design? Users also consider it essential. The statistics show that first impressions on a website are extremely related to the design. Additionally, 38% of people will stop interacting with a website after an unsatisfactory user experience.
Creating a great website that users immediately fall in love with is a formidable task, but developers with the right solutions (eg front-end development tools) on hand can easily tackle it. We have put together a list of the best web development tools to help you create a website.
In our list, we have reduced the options to the 10 that we use the most, but the number of existing and used tools is much greater. Feel free to choose any of them for your project.
There are only 10 tools on the list, although the number of tools used in web development is much higher. Feel free to choose any of them for your project, or whatever alternative you like.
The best web design tools
The sketch is one of the best tools for web design, it is well organized and created with the needs of UX designers in mind. Here are some advantages:
- It is extremely easy to use, thanks to its intuitive interface, and easily integrates with third-party applications such as Invision, Marvel, and Avocode.
- Designers can create reusable elements, get support from the online community, and use their custom plugins.
- Sketch allows users to preview their designs on tablets and mobile phones with a special mobile application.
- The resize function makes it convenient when working on projects with multiple resolutions.
- It’s a good option for collaboration, especially with the new Sketch for Teams beta.
Price: USD $ 99.00 per year
Free trial: 30 days
Figma is a web-based design tool with strong real-time collaboration functionality. Like Sketch, it has a wide variety of plugins to choose from, with excellent performance and a Sketch-like interface, with the same drawing tools. Other features include:
- Version control to go back in history and look at the previous states of the project.
- Feedback and collaboration. You can tag people in comments and integrate them into Slack. A project team can work on the same object simultaneously, seeing each other’s cursors on the screen.
- Restrictions. This feature is similar to resizing in Sketch but more intuitive.
- Equipment library. Collections can be shared and updated between projects.
- Free for up to two editors and three projects.
- $ 12 per editor/month with unlimited projects.
- $ 45 per editor/month for organizations.
Another benefit of the web development in Lahore tool is the ability for users to create large-scale interactive prototypes relatively quickly and easily. InVision’s drag-and-drop feature allows designers to drag and drop designs from the source directly into the application. They can also retrieve images from online storage services such as Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive.
This online platform supports a wide range of files, including Photoshop and Sketch documents, PNGs, and GIFs. For collaboration, team members use flex spaces (also known as boards) to store and share files and discuss ideas. The ability to add comments directly to projects makes collaboration easy.
A quick overview of the platform features:
- Prototype design, exchange, and presentation.
- Design of comments and comments.
- Meetings in real-time.
- Project management for designers.
- User testing and research.
- Free for a prototype.
- $ 15 / month for three prototypes.
- $25 for unlimited prototypes.
- 99 Dollar for unlimited prototypes and up to five team users.
Zeplin is one of the best web design tools for collaboration between designers and developers. By converting designs made in Sketch or Figma to a code-compatible format, Zeplin makes your project more organized and efficient. With Zeplin you can:
- Export your designs with a single click using the plugins for Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, and Adobe Photoshop CC.
- Generate accurate and custom specs, assets, and code snippets automatically.
- Reuse style guides for multiple projects. It is not necessary to create a new one for each subsequent project.
- Free for a project.
- 17 / month Dollar for three active projects.
- 26 Dollars for 12 active projects.
- 129 Dollars for unlimited projects, including 12 team users.
GitHub is one of the most widely used web development tools and the number one code hosting solution. This is a place or “hub” where you can share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and even complete strangers if you wish. Take a look at the features that make the platform so popular:
- High availability and automation.
- Well documented use.
- Built-in code review.
- Problem tracker.
- Artifact hosting (private beta).
- Integration of third-party tools (for example, with Jira and IDEs).
Price for individuals:
- Free base version of GitHub.
- $ 7 / month with professional developer tools.
Web development tools
This framework offers users to advance HTML functionality by creating new constructs with the use of its directives. AngularJS features include:
- Use of HTML as a template.
- Minimal modifications of JS and HTML as its own base that attests to its stability.
- Modular building blocks to help developers simplify testing, maintenance, and updating of parts of code.
Accessible, versatile, and high performance. This is how this web application development tool is positioned. This framework is progressive, allowing you to adopt Vue.js for a part of the existing project. The Vue.js ecosystem is well thought out and can help you build complete frontend applications. Let’s list some of the benefits of Vue:
- Small size. The size of this framework is 18 to 21 KB and it takes just a few seconds to download and use it.
- Ease of use and integration. Users can easily add Vue.js to a web project due to its simple structure, regardless of the scale of the project.
- Rendered on the client-side and structured to create scalable web applications beyond the views themselves
- Configuration convention. Rather than providing detailed settings for the various paths in your application, Ember.js follows the naming conventions and automatically generates the resulting code.
- URL support.
- Nested UI.
- DOM minimized
- Good for large application ecosystems.
- Faster startup times and inherent stability.
- Performance approach.
- Relatively quick and easy interface creation.
- It uses the JCX syntax which makes DOM manipulation much faster.
- Increases productivity and facilitates additional maintenance.
- Ensures faster rendering.
- Guarantees stable code.
Chrome DevTools is a suite of web developer tools built directly into the Google Chrome browser, which is very convenient. There are some things that are difficult to do through the interface of cms, but browser-based development tools allow you to view and interact with the code on your site, regardless of what platform it is running on. DevTools lets you edit pages on the fly and diagnose problems quickly, ultimately helping you build websites faster. DevTools can seriously increase your productivity by becoming familiar with each tab:
- Device model to simulate mobile devices.
- The Elements panel is used to view and change the DOM and CSS.
- Network dashboard to view and debug network activity.
- Performance dashboard to improve runtime and load performance.
- In the Applications section, you will see all the resources you have downloaded.
- Security dashboard for debugging mixed content issues, certificate issues, and more.
This is probably the best web design tool for precise designers who don’t want their work to look any different than the way they envisioned it. A Chrome extension that allows you to create websites with pixel-level accuracy. PerfectPixel allows developers and designers to place a semi-transparent image overlay on top of the developed HTML and perform a pixel-perfect comparison between them. Take a look at the main features of PerfectPixel:
- Multiple overlays support.
- Investment and scale support.
- Separate overlays for each website.
- Overlays are saved between browsing sessions.
- Minimalist and easy-to-use user interface.
- Drag and drop file upload support.
- Paste from URL and clipboard support.
- Arrow keys and mouse wheel support.
- The extension works with file: // schema (local files).
We hope that this list of the best tools for web developers will be of great help if you decide to create a new website for your business or passion.