Before starting you must know that *.mbox files are not compatible with MS Outlook account. With that let’s learn how to import the MBOX file to Outlook Mac from here.
After multiple experiments here I am let’s say an appreciable technique to move the email mailboxes to another account. If you are here for a simple and efficient approach then go through the post.
Learn about the MBOX and OLM files and the techniques of migration from here.
What Exactly are MBOX & OLM Files?
MBOX files are one of the most widely used formats for storing email groups. MBOX files are a group of related email storage and sharing formats. MBOXO, MBOXCL, MBOXRD, and MBOXCL2 are the four versions of the basic MBOX file. The MBOX format is supported by roughly a dozen email clients such as Eudora, Mac/Apple Mail, Opera Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Spicebird, Entourage, and more are just a few examples.
Email messages, diaries, calendar data, and other forms of application data are all stored in an OLM file. OLM is a proprietary binary database file format developed by Microsoft for Outlook for Mac.
What are the vital reasons for this migration? Every user may have their reasons for converting MBOX to PST, but there are a few frequent ones. Users are converting file formats due to the disadvantages of MBOX and the benefits of Outlook PST. The following are a few possible explanations:
- When working with MBOX files, you’ll need an internet connection, but with Outlook PST files, you won’t.
- Organizations do not prefer email clients that employ the MBOX file format since they are not very advanced.
- File locking issues in MBOX prevent users from regularly opening file encounters.
- Outlook has higher security features than anyone else because it is a Microsoft product.
How to Import MBOX File to Outlook Mac without any Data Loss?
The software MBOX File Converter is a top choice for batch migration of email files. The email mailboxes can import to Outlook Mac without any inconvenience. The MBOX files of any email client are supported by this tool. As we discussed before there are different types of MBOX files, therefore, the software is capable of the process any type of *.mbox files with ease. Open MBOX files on Mac before starting the conversion.
Use the steps to Import MBOX file to Outlook Mac,
- Start the application on any Mac Operating system above 10.8 edition. (As per the official terms).
- Import the MBOX file to the utility with the help of Add button. Upload files or folders with the given Add button.
- Click on the Next button and then select the PST or Outlook.com option for migration.
- If the PST option is selected, choose a location to store the file. Else, for Outlook.com enter the log in detail to the required field.
- Then, click on the Export button to start the process of conversion or migration.
The above steps are as recommended by the official site. However, one can use the tool without any procedure. Since it has the easiest software interface.
Other Approached to Migrate MBOX File to MS Outlook
One of the most common methods of transferring email files in MBOX to Outlook is with some important email client.
First Import MBOX files to Apple Mail
- Open Apple Mail on Mac and go to the File and Import Mailbox option.
- Choose the location to add the MBOX file and hit the continue button.
- Then the Mailboxes will start importing, click on the Done button.
Secondly, generate Mailbox with Eudora Webmail
- Upload the imported MBOX files
- Transfer the files to the Eudora default location.
- Step 2: Create mailbox using Eudora – C: Documents and Settings user >> Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Further, open the Eudora and click on the imported file.
Thirdly, transfer the Mailbox using Outlook Express
- Start Outlook Express and go to File – Import – Messages.
- Select Eudora from the email application options and press the Next button.
- Choose the location to add the MBOX file and hit the OK button.
- Then, click Next – Next – Finish.
Finally, import the MBOX to MS Outlook of any Version
- Start Outlook account and go to File – ImportExport.
- Select “another file and folder” from the option and select the Next button.
- Further, select “Import Internet Mail and Addresses” and press the Next key.
- Click on “Outlook Express or Windows Mail” and press the Next button.
- Upload the files using the browser option to Import and Export. Hit the Next button.
- After completing all the processes press the Finish button.
Get the OLM File Converter the convert the Mac Outlook files to different formats.
Why Choose a tool over a Manual Approach?
Yes. This is one of the questions you should put forward before narrowing it down to a method. The manual method Definity requires time and effort to complete the take. Moreover, there will be a need for different just to import MBOX to Outlook Mac. For the user’s ease, I will give out the major reason why one should get the suggested tool over the manual approach. Read out the following,
Quick MBOX Migration
I would recommend this tool, just because it’s an instant migration technique. No conversion, no additional service, or application complete the whole process within minutes.
Direct Add Buttons
You will find two different options to add the MBOX files. Upload files and folders with Select File and Select Folder buttons respectively. Which further gives a platform to perform bulk MBOX to Outlook Mac migration.
Different Migration Method
Either go with the conversion option to convert and then import the files to Outlook. Else, use Outlook.com to transfer the email files directly to the Microsoft account.
Get away with any preferable solution to import MBOX to Outlook Mac. After performing both methods, I would personally recommend the user to try the automated method before anything. Since the tool gives a direct and quick technique, it will not take more time.