What is mindful eating, and what are its benefits.
What is mindful eating?
Mindful eating is about focusing on the food we eat, paying attention to the thoughts, emotions, and sensations before, during, and while we eat. We focus and be aware of the experience we live while feeding.
With the pace of life, we lead today, our attention is often not fully focused on what we are doing. We usually do several activities at once (for example, use the mobile) or in a hurry (and we eat fast, in a few minutes).
Mindful eating aims to focus on the act of eating, to learn to notice satiety and to differentiate between physical hunger and That is, that we listen to our body and identify the signals that tell us when we should eat or not, appreciating the flavors, textures, smells, and colors of food.
Mindful eating is not a diet
It does not mean giving up any food or following food standards. People, when possible, are free to choose what and how to eat at all times, being aware of the sensations of our body in the “here and now.” Finally, it should be noted that conscious eating has important health benefits.
How to eat consciously?
To carry out a conscious diet in your day-to-day, it is necessary to pay attention to your way of eating integrally. We indicate a series of tips and guidelines that can help you:
If you’re not hungry, don’t eat. It is preferable to be aware of the signals your body sends of appetite and satiety rather than eating according to the clock’s time. We must learn to separate real hunger from emotional hunger.
· Pay attention to what you are eating. Eliminate unnecessary distractions while eating, such as using your mobile, television, or other electronic devices (tablet, laptop, etc.).
Eat calmly and unhurried
Don’t be watching the clock. It would help if you dedicated time to eating in a quiet, relaxed, and pleasant environment. For example, don’t eat breakfast quickly because you’re late for work.
· Chew slowly and taste food. Dedicate time to each bite to be aware of what you are eating, and digestion will be easier.
· Appreciate with the five senses what you are eating.
Notice the taste and texture of food. Eat-in in an environment is as pleasant as possible. For example, if it is bright, quiet, tidy … It is preferable for a friend
Following these mindful eating guidelines does not change from one day to the next. But having the desire and some time can be obtained to have a much healthier diet and avoid digestive and health problems.
What benefits does conscious eating bring us?
Mindful eating has multiple health benefits
In addition, by paying attention to what we are eating and tasting each tablespoon, we can know when we are satiated and avoid excessive intakes.
· Improves digestion. Eating quietly, unhurriedly, and chewing slowly can prevent indigestion or heavy digestion.
· Avoid cravings. Being aware of what we are eating will allow us to analyze what we eat day by day, realizing that many of the times we eat, we do not do it out of real necessity to do it, but out of cravings. Following a conscious diet, we can detect these cravings and feed ourselves when the body sends us appetite signals.
· Improves psychological well-being. 90% of serotonin (the hormone of happiness) is found in our stomach. Negative thoughts about weight gain or eating unhealthy foods can lead to anxiety. When we eat consciously, we choose when to eat without guilt, listening to our body and offering it what it asks for, not giving it stimulants to silence it.
. Avoiding compulsive eating allow
us to be more aware of our emotions. Being aware of what we eat helps us reduce feelings of stress and Optimize quantities. Many times we eat more than we need. Being aware of what we are eating can help us detect the amount of food we need.
Scientific evidence points out that mindful eating helps to consume fewer calories and smaller portions, significantly more weight is lost, cravings are avoided, and binge eating, BMI (body mass index), and anxiety I \\ reduced. In addition, conscious eating increases psychological well-being, improves digestion, and contributes to making our diet healthier.
Also Watching: Princess Coloring Pages