Infertility could be a cause of many reasons, but to check women’s reproductive organs, doctors perform Laparoscopy on them. This technique helps the doctors understand the root cause of infertility.
Let us talk about Laparoscopy in detail to give you a better understanding of the same.
What is Laparoscopy?
It is a surgical method performed to see inside the body; it is an operation performed by the doctors on the abdomen or the pelvic area with the help of small incisions. And with the aid of the camera on the incisions, they get a view of the organs.
Why Is Laparoscopy Used For Checking Infertility?
While examining infertility, this method is performed to see the reproductive organs to inspect the fallopian tubes, ovaries, and uterus structures.
Laparoscopy helps in diagnosing several conditions that would affect fertility:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Buildups of scarring tissues
- Other abnormalities are seen on reproductive organs
It is also very beneficial in helping the doctor find the root cause of unexpected infertility. In such cases, the tests are normal, but the woman cannot get pregnant.
Where Could You undergo Laparoscopy?
It is a simple outpatient technique performed; the patient could easily undergo Laparoscopy in:
- A Hospital
- IVF Centre in Punjab
- Surgical Center
What Is The Procedure For Laparoscopy?
The first step for performing Laparoscopy would be to give the patient anesthesia. After that; a series of actions would be done by the Best IVF Doctor in Ludhiana, including:
- Insert a small needle in the abdomen.
- Injecting gas into the abdomen to get the proper view of the organs.
- With the help of a tiny incision, the surgeon inserts a camera on a laparoscope (a piece of equipment).
- A second incision is done to add a probe (a small instrument).
A camera is inserted to get an understanding view of the structures of the reproductive organs, whereas a probe is used to lift or move the organs out of the way.
Is There Any Risk In Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a safe and straightforward procedure done under the influence of anesthesia which would help you not feel any pain during the surgery. There are no risk factors associated with laparoscopy surgery.
However, if you feel any of the following symptoms, it would be wise of you to contact your doctor to avoid any kind of complications.
- Unable to use the bathroom
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Redness or swelling on the area
- Severe pain
Why Is Laparoscopy More Popular?
Compared to other surgical methods for diagnosing infertility, Laparoscopy has several points that are an advantage for it
- It is a less invasive method than any other surgical procedure.
- It is known for having a speedy recovery.
- Laparoscopy has a lesser risk of infection as compared to other methods.
- It has a plus point of correcting any problem during the surgery.
- Laparoscopy leaves behind more minor scars.
For All Intents And Purposes
If you have infertility but do not know the root cause, you can visit Dr Sumita Sofat Hospital (Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre) and undergo various tests to learn about the issue. You could also undergo IVF treatment to conceive a child.