QuickBooks is not a new name in the accounting world as there are hundreds and thousands of companies have been using it for years to handle their regular financial tasks. Indeed, QuickBooks is pretty beneficial to use; however, we can’t deny the fact that it is prone to errors just like other accounting applications. QuickBooks error 6123 is one of the most common errors that users face while trying to access their company files in QuickBooks. An error message might appear on the computer display stating, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” Several factors can lead to QuickBooks error 6123 that we intend to discuss with you, alongside the troubleshooting fixes, that too in layman language.
Want to get over QuickBooks error 6123 instantly but don’t know how to do that? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team at (855)-856-0042.
Read more articles — QuickBooks error ps101
What can be the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6123?
Generally, QuickBooks error code 6123 arises when the program files of QuickBooks Desktop get corrupted. However, there can be several other reasons behind it, such as:
- There are some issues with your company file, such as data damage.
- You don’t have permission to access certain files.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- On your computer, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the present-day version, which is 220.127.116.11.
- Click on the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the instructions mentioned on your computer.
- Give consent to the terms and conditions to end the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Open option.
- From the left panel, select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Inside QuickBooks File Doctor, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
Note: If your company file is not available there, select the Browse option to find it on your computer.
- Select the Check your file option and then click on the Continue button.
- Type in the QuickBooks admin password and then click on the Continue button.
- When the QuickBooks File Doctor tool is done repairing the company file, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to perform the required action and see whether you get any errors while accessing your company file.
Related article to read — Quickbooks payroll error 557
Solution 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- From the left panel, select the Program Problems tab.
- Click on the Quick Fix my Program option to run the tool.
- When the tool is done repairing the QuickBooks program files, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to access your company file and see whether you get any errors.
If QuickBooks error 6123 persists even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then your company file might have been completely damaged. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to restore the backup copy of your company file in QuickBooks Desktop. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks error code 6123, please contact our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.